Friday, December 4, 2009

Amazing technology

While researching advancements in BCI technology (Brain Computer Interfacing), I came across this company Emotiv. Research based in Sydney and sales and marketing in San Francisco.
They have developed a universal head set that reads your brain waves and can link these responses to a computer. While heavily angled towards virtual gaming, if their product takes off it could finance further research into communication for the disabled.
There is an independent developer who is working closely with this company to develop a virtual keyboard. That is keyboard functions just using your thoughts. I have seen demo's of their product in a gaming situation, where the player was able to pick up or push objects, just by thinking about picking them up or pushing them.

The future is very positive for those who are suffering from disabilities.
Stay positive.

regards Matt

2 comments:

  1. That is actually very interesting. I just read something about that and I posted a little article in my blog about that as well! Your blog is definitely heading in the right direction, and I'm glad you got all the links working! The content of your posts have been relevant and informative to say the least! I look forward to reading more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Matt - happy to have me share this with others? (as if;0) Will cc you on my email if OK? Great to see it happening - anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete